The College of Engineering Education Innovation Committee (EIC) promotes the development and adoption of evidence-based teaching and learning methods in Engineering at UW-Madison. Full list of responsibilities.
The Education Innovation Committee (EIC) invites high-impact, innovative proposals that improve the College of Engineering (COE) undergraduate student educational experience.
In addition, we host various opportunities for college and university faculty and staff to share best practices and learn new strategies for enhancing teaching and learning. For example:
- In 2016, Education Innovation Showcase (News Article)
- Education Innovation Showcase Keynote Talk by Dave Franchino (below)
Dave Franchino a BSME alum and president of Design Concepts, a Madison based strategic innovation firm shared his thoughts on future scenarios for engineering education and what’s needed from tomorrowa’s graduates based on what he has seen in his practice.
EIC Committee Membership for 2017-2018
- Naomi Chesler, BME
- Dante Fratta, CEE
- Wayne Pferdehirt, EPD
- Heidi Ploeg, ME
- Lennon Rodgers, COE makerspace
- Barry Van Veen, ECE (Chair)
- Jake Blanchard, Executive Associate Dean, (Ex Officio)